Study in Canada

Study in Canada

Canada provides international students with a clear path to permanent residence

Canada Provides a Simple Path to Permanent Residence for International Students

Canada actively seeks to retain its international graduates and provide a clear path to permanent residence. There are numerous advantages to studying in Canada compared to the United Kingdom and United States.

Advantages of a Canadian Study Permit

  • Work 20 hours per week during term time
  • Work full-time during scheduled breaks and summer holidays.
  • Receive a three-year post-graduate work permit (PGWP) upon course completion.
  • After working for one year in a skilled occupation during your three-year PGWP, you will be eligible to apply for permanent residence through the Canadian Experience Class.
  • Spouses/partners of international students can work full-time all-year round with no conditions on their work permit.

It is important to note that you must study at an appropriate level at a Designated Learning Institution in Canada in order to receive a PGWP.

Admission Requirements

To secure admission to a college or university in Canada the following documents are required:

  • Copy of your passport biographical page
  • A 2-page CV/resume.
  • A 2-page statement of intent.
  • IELTS Academic Certificate (an overall band score of 6.0 is required).
  • Your transcripts and certificates for each qualification.

When applying for a Canadian study permit you must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your living costs and tuition for at least one-year. You must prove that you have social and economic ties to your country of origin to warrant your return when you finish studying in Canada. This does not preclude you from applying for Canadian permanent residence in the future and is known as the dual intent principle.

Our Services

Our student advisers will understand your goals and advise you of the course and institution most suitable for you. We will create a clear academic and career path for you which will also secure your long-term immigration status and citizenship.

For more information please schedule a consultation


Canadian Legal Advice