The Quebec Investor Program, which is administered and guaranteed by the government of Quebec, Canada’s largest province, has been in operation since 1986.
With the Quebec Investor Program, your capital is invested in a five-year, zero-interest, government-guaranteed Quebec term note that supports Quebec-based businesses, creating jobs and fostering economic growth. Investors must intend to reside in Quebec.
At the end of 5 years, your investment is returned to you in full.
Quebec Investor Visa Key Facts
- Low minimum net worth requirement of $2 million CAD.
- Low minimum investment requirement of $1.2 million.
- Financing option available with a minimum down payment of $350,000 CAD.
- Secure Canadian permanent residence in 18 to 24 months.
- Your net worth must have been accumulated through the operation, control or management of a business.
Legally Acquired Net Worth
There are strict evidentiary requirements for proving that your net worth has been accumulated through the operation, control or management of a business. Documents must be supplied in the prescribed format. Failure to do so will result in an automatic refusal.
Investment and Financing
The Quebec Investor program permits applicants to finance the bulk of their investment through designated securities brokerage firms and investment banks. Typically, the financing schemes require a down payment of approximately $220,000. The bank loans the applicant the balance of $580,000. The applicant deposits the sum of $800,000 with the Government of Québec.
Benefits of the Quebec Investor Visa
Investors in the program and their dependents will receive permanent resident visas from the Government of Canada.