With a population of 1.2 million people, Calgary is a fast-growing emerging financial powerhouse located in Western Canada. Natural resources such as oil and gas are abundant resulting in a huge demand for foreign workers.
The economy of Calgary includes activity in the energy, financial services, film and television, transportation and logistics, technology, manufacturing, aerospace, health and wellness, retail, and tourism sectors.
Calgary is known for being a warm, friendly and cosmopolitan city and is considered the best city in Canada for raising a family and one of the best in the world for employment prospects and investment. If you are thinking of moving to Canada, Calgary will present one of the most attractive options.
- Calgary is a cosmopolitan city – almost 25% of its population were born overseas.
- Calgary is a safe modern city and is officially recognized as the cleanest city on earth!
- Calgary has a long warm summer with a dry, cool winter.
- Located in a stunning natural setting, Calgary is located to the east of the Rocky Mountains in close proximity to Banff and Jasper.
- Calgary has a diverse and vibrant economy and is recognized as one of the best cities in the world for employment prospects.
- Ranked cleanest city in the world in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 (Mercer Eco-City Survey).
- Calgary rated the world’s most prosperous city 2012 (Global Annual Prosperity Index).
- Ranked the 5th most livable city in the world 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 (The Economist).
- Rated 3rd best city in the Americas for quality of life for 2013 and 2014 (FDI Strategy)
- Forbes Magazine rated Calgary as one of the top 3 best cities in North America for employment prospects and affordability.
Calgary is a great city for:
- Employment prospects.
- A very Canadian experience in “cowboy country”
- A more affordable alternative to Vancouver or Toronto.
- Unique outdoor experiences in the Rocky Mountains at very low prices.
I want to apply for a Canadian visa
Complete our free case evaluation form and receive an initial eligibility assessment.