Moving to Canada LMIA. LMIA work permit. Jobs in Canada for BritsCanada Work Visa (LMIA Required)

A Canada work visa is a great way to enter Canada and then transition to permanent residency through the Express Entry system after 1 year.

To qualify for a Canada Work Visa, you will need to secure a job offer from a Canadian employer.

Your prospective employer will need to demonstrate that they tried to hire a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident before they offered you the job and that they have secured a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment & Social Development Canada (ESDC).

Transitioning to Canadian Residence

In general, a Canada Work Visa is valid for a period of two years. If you are undertaking seasonal work such as working on a farm or a specific construction project which has a limited duration then your Canada Work Visa may be considerably shorter.

If your Canada work visa is for employment in a skilled occupation you can apply for permanent residence after you have gained one-year of skilled work experience in Canada.

In some circumstances, semi-skilled work experience also enables a person to apply for Canadian permanent residence through a provincial nominee program.

You should consult Sterling Immigration to ensure that you have a clear road-map to Canadian permanent residence. We have seen many people leave Canada as they took up employment which made them ineligible to apply for permanent residence. If they had planned correctly in advance then this situation could have been avoided.

LMIA Exemptions

There are other situations where foreign workers can take up jobs in Canada without an employer having to receive an LMIA. For further information please contact us.

I Want More Information About Applying for a Canada Work Visa

If you would like to know more about the Canada Work Visa process please complete our case evaluation form or contact us to schedule a telephone or personal consultation.

Book a Consultation        Initial Assessment